David Pound, M.D.
Ages Treated: 18+
- Virtual Telemedicine Visits Available, Call For Details
- Board Certified Gastroenterologist
- Currently Accepting New Patients
- Most Insurance Plans Accepted
- Performs Colonoscopies
About David Pound, M.D.
Linton, Indiana native, Dr. David C. Pound is the President of the Indianapolis Gastroenterology Research Foundation and a member of the Franciscan St. Francis Health Indianapolis Credentials Committee. An active volunteer, Dr. Pound is a Director, the Medical Advisor and Past Chairman for Lifeline Christian Mission and a past Director and Chairman of FAME (Fellowship of Associates for Medical Evangelism).
Dr. Pound is a nationally recognized gastroenterologist and hepatologist. He has participated in numerous clinical research studies and has contributed to many medical publications. For his work in hepatology the Indiana Chapter of the American Liver Foundation presented him their Salute to Excellence Award in 2005. He was honored as an inaugural Fellow of the American Association for the Study of Liver Disease (AASLD) in 2014.
Graduating from Indiana State University, Dr. Pound earned his Medical Degree from the Indiana University School of Medicine in 1980. He completed his Internal Medicine Residency and Gastroenterology Fellowship at Indiana University Medical Center (IUMC) in Indianapolis. From 1985 until joining Indianapolis Gastroenterology and Hepatology in 1993, Dr. Pound taught medical students and residents at the IU School of Medicine and still serves as an Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine. In 1989 he received the Glenn W. Irwin, Jr., M.D. IUPUI Experience Excellence Recognition Award for his work developing the IUMC Liver Transplantation Program.
Dr. Pound is a member of the American College of Gastroenterology, and the American Association for the Study of Liver Disease. Since 2009, he has consistently been named one of the region’s Top Doctors. In his free time, Dr. Pound devotes himself to medical mission work. He has led numerous short term medical mission teams in Haiti sometimes joined by his wife and children.
Education & Training
- Indiana State University, 1976
- Medical Degree from the Indiana University School of Medicine, 1980
- Internal Medicine Internship and Residency at the Indiana University Medical Center, 1983
- Gastroenterology Fellowship at the Indiana University Medical Center, 1985
- Glenn W. Irwin, Jr., MD, IUPUI Experience Excellence Recognition Award for the IUMC Liver Transplantation Program, 1989
- Salute to Excellence Award, American Liver Foundation, Indiana Chapter, 2005
- Top Doctors 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018