Jason Roberts, M.D.
8051 S Emerson Ave #200
Indianapolis, IN 46237
- Virtual Telemedicine Visits Available, Call For Details
- Board Certified Gastroenterologist
- Currently Accepting New Patients
- Most Insurance Plans Accepted
- Performs Colonoscopies
Request an Appointment
About Jason Roberts, M.D.
Dr. Roberts graduated magna cum laude from the University of Kentucky in 2000 where he remained completing his medical doctorate at the University of Kentucky College of Medicine.
Former Assistant Professor of Medicine at the University of Louisville School of Medicine, and Director of Endoscopy at the University of Louisville Hospital, Digestive Health Center and Health Care Outpatient Center, Dr. Jason Roberts joined Indianapolis Gastroenterology and Hepatology in the summer of 2015.
His career already distinguished by his commitment to medical education and research, Dr. Roberts was recognized in 2008 with the Excellence in Teaching, Department of Medicine Award at the Medical University of South Carolina. Dr. Roberts is a published author of a number of medical book chapters and studies in the areas of gastroesophageal reflux disease, gastrointestinal motility disorders, and advanced endoscopy.
Dr. Roberts graduated magna cum laude from the University of Kentucky in 2000 where he remained completing his medical doctorate at the University of Kentucky College of Medicine. He attended the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) for his Internal Medicine internship and residency which he followed serving as a Research Fellow for one year in the MUSC Esophageal Motility laboratory under the mentorship of Dr. Donald Castell. Dr. Roberts finished his GI education at MUSC with a fellowship in Gastroenterology and Hepatology followed by a fellowship in Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy.
Dr. Roberts is a member of the American College of Gastroenterology and the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. He and his wife Christy have three children, Elias, Sarah, and Noah. His interests include outdoor activities and sports, following the Colts and Cincinnati Reds, and enjoying time with family.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science, Biology, University of Kentucky 2000
- Medical Doctorate from University of Kentucky College of Medicine 2004
- Internal Medicine Internship and Residency Medical University of South Carolina in 2007
- Research Fellow Esophageal Motility Laboratory, Medical University of South Carolina 2009
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology Fellowship, Medical University of South Carolina 2012
- Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy Fellowship, Medical University of South Carolina 2013
- Magna cum Laude, University of Kentucky 2000
- Intern of the year, Medical University of South Carolina, 2005
- Excellence in Teaching Award Department of Medicine Medical University of South Carolina 2008
- Top Doctors, Castle Connolly, 2019
- Abdominal Pain
- Anal/Rectal Bleeding
- Blood in the Stool
- Bowel Incontinence
- Difficulty Swallowing
- Unexplained Weight Gain/Loss
- Yellowing of the Skin/Eyes
- Acid Reflux
- Anal Fissure
- Anemia/Iron Deficiency
- Barrett's Esophagus
- Biliary Obstruction
- C. Difficile Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Colon Cancer
- Colorectal Polyps
- Crohn's Disease
- Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome (CVS)
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Esophageal Motility Disorder
- Fatty Liver Disease
- Food Intolerance
- Gallbladder Disease
- Helicobacter Pylori
- Hiatal Hernia
- Impacted Bowel
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Lactose Intolerance
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis
- Peptic Ulcers
- Primary Biliary Cholangitis
- Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Anorectal Manometry
- Argon Laser Therapy
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Colon Cancer Screening
- CT Scan or CAT Scan
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection
- Esophageal Dilation
- Esophageal Manometry
- Feeding Tube Insertion (PEG)
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Hemorrhoid Banding
- Infusion Therapy (IV Infusion)
Had a great experience with Dr. Jason Robert’s. I felt like he was listening to me and my concerns and that he truly cares. Very professional and extremely knowledgeable
Excellent doctor and listens to your concerns and does best he can to help address rhose concerns.
I appreciate so much the care I received from Drs. Roberts, Morelli and the rest of the staff at Indy Gastro. I underwent two ERCP procedures with follow up. After the second it was their concern that I needed a second opinion for my particular set of unresolved symptoms. They did not hesitate to make the referral recommendation. I appreciate their discretion in the matter.
Dr. Roberts is an exemplary physician -- informed, compassionate, and an excellent listener. I feel so fortunate that he is my doctor and recommend him to anyone who wants medical expertise based on research and delivered with concern for the whole person.
Dr.Roberts, Is a very good Dr.,he has a great bed side manner. Very smart and caring. I would recommend Dr.Roberts to anyone.