Brian Sperl, M.D.
Ages Treated: 18+
- Virtual Telemedicine Visits Available, Call For Details
- Board Certified Gastroenterologist
- Currently Accepting New Patients
- Most Insurance Plans Accepted
- Performs Colonoscopies
About Brian Sperl, M.D.
Gary, Indiana native Dr. Brian G. Sperl sees patients in Carmel and Indianapolis.
Formerly a member of the Board of Managers at the Mooresville Endoscopy Center and the Executive Committee at Indianapolis Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Dr. Sperl enjoys a special interest in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) specifically ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease.
Graduating with High Distinction from Indiana University in 1979, he enrolled in the Indiana University School of Medicine. He completed his Internal Medicine Internship and Residency at Methodist Hospital of Indianapolis where in 1986 he served as the Chief Resident of Transitional Care. Dr. Sperl completed his gastroenterology fellowship at the University of Louisville in Kentucky. In 2012, he was recognized by Indianapolis Monthly Magazine as one of the region’s Top Doctors.
In his free time, Dr. Sperl enjoys hiking and photography in America’s National Parks.
Education & Training
- Indiana University in 1979
- Medical Degree from the Indiana University School of Medicine in 1983
- Internal Medicine Internship at Methodist Hospital in 1984
- Internal Medicine Residency at Methodist Hospital in 1986
- Chief Resident of Transitional Medicine, Methodist Hospital 1986
- Gastroenterology Fellowship at the University of Louisville in 1988
- Graduated with High Distinction
- Indiana University 1979
- Top Doctors 2012