Zarema Singson, M.D.
Ages Treated: 18+
- Virtual Telemedicine Visits Available, Call For Details
- Board Certified Gastroenterologist
- Currently Accepting New Patients
- Most Insurance Plans Accepted
- Performs Colonoscopies
About Zarema Singson, M.D.
Dr. Zarema Singson is skilled in all areas of gastroenterology with a special interest in inflammatory bowel disease, colon cancer prevention, women’s GI health, hepatology, and obesity as it relates to GI disorders.
After receiving her medical degree from the UT Health Science Center in San Antonio, Dr. Singson went on to complete her residency and fellowship training at the University of California Irvine where she served as Chief Resident and received an award for her research on innovative methods in polyp detection and analysis. Her passion for medicine was first ignited by her father, an internist, who continues to be a source of inspiration for her today. “I enjoy the clinical challenges in gastroenterology and also like the fact that it blends cognitive with technical skills.” Dr. Singson is excited to be back in San Antonio and looks forward to building relationships with her patients and her colleagues. She and her husband are the proud parents of two amazing girls. When she is not practicing medicine, she enjoys traveling, cooking and spending time with her family.
Bachelor’s Degree – Biology
- Rice University, Houston, Texas, 2002
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas, 2006
Internal Medicine Residency
- University of California Irvine, Orange, California, 2009
- University of California Irvine, Orange, California, 2013
- Internal Medicine: 2009
- Gastroenterology: 2013
Awards and Accreditation:
Honors & Awards
- Chief Resident, University of California Irvine, 2009-2010
- Texas Super Doctors Rising Stars List, Texas Monthly Magazine, 2015-2016
- Best Doctors List, SA Scene Magazine, 2016, 2017