Sunil K. Dwivedi, M.D.
Ages Treated: 18+
- Virtual Telemedicine Visits Available, Call For Details
- Board Certified Gastroenterologist
- Currently Accepting New Patients
- Most Insurance Plans Accepted
- Performs Colonoscopies
About Sunil K. Dwivedi, M.D.
Dr. Sunil Dwivedi is fluent in Spanish and has called San Antonio home since beginning his residency here in 2002. Originally from Long Island, New York, Dr. Dwivedi became interested in medicine at a young age while watching his father in medical practice. It was the appeal of the intellectual challenge of diagnosis as well as the technical challenge of intervention that propelled him toward the field of gastroenterology.
Dr. Dwivedi is proficient in all areas of gastroenterology and has a special interest in diseases of the liver, having served as Assistant Clinical Professor in the Liver Transplant Division of the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.
He and his wife, Karla, are the proud parents of three children, including twins Kiran and Arianna, and big sister, Kiara. In his spare time, he enjoys playing tennis, travelling and going to live music venues with his wife.
- Hamilton College, Clinton, New York, 1995
- Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara School of Medicine New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York, 2001
Internal Medicine Residency
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas, 2005
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas, 2010
- Gastroenterology: 2010
- Assistant Clinical Professor in the Liver Transplant Division of the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas, 2005-2007
Awards and Accreditation:
Best Doctors List, SA Scene Magazine, 2016, 2017