About Sripathi Kethu, M.D.
Dr. Kethu makes personal connections with his patients by actively listening to them and letting them talk about their concerns. He feels that they will provide more information in this manner than if he asks too many questions. Dr. Kethu has more than 20 years’ experience as a physician in both the academic setting and private practice. He wants his patients and their referring physicians to know that he will provide comprehensive GI care by making their safety and well-being his priority.
- Fellowship: Gastroenterology, Brown University/Rhode Island Hospital Program, Providence, RI
- Chief Resident: Internal Medicine. University of Illinois College of Medicine at U-C, Illinois
- Resident: Internal Medicine, University of Illinois College of Medicine at U-C, Illinois
- Advanced Training: Endoscopic Ultrasonography under the guidance of Dr Marc Giovannini. Paoli-Calmettes Institute. Marseille Cedex 9 France
- Internship: Edgewater Medical Center, Chicago. Affiliated to University of Illinois at Chicago.
- Undergrad: Kurnool Medical College, AP University of Health Sciences. Andhra Pradesh, India, Graduated with honors
Awards and Accreditation:
- D Magazine Best Doctor in Gastroenterology- http://directory.dmagazine.com/doctors/Sripathi-R-Kethu-MD-FACG/9305
- ASGE author interview series interview video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWMiptTvpn4
- ERCP Cannulation and sphincterotomy devices– http://www.asge.org/uploadedFiles/Publications_and_Products/Technology_Reviews/ERCP%20Cannulation%20and%20Sphincterotomy%20Devices.pdf
- Endoscopic bariatric techniques- http://www.giejournal.org/article/S0016-5107(12)00185-X/pdf
- Endoscopic tattooing– http://www.giejournal.org/article/S0016-5107(10)01753-0/pdf
- Peer-reviewed journal articles- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=kethu+s
- Kethu SR, Moss SF. Gastritis and peptic ulcer disease. In: Rakel RE, Bope ET, Kellerman R, editors. Conn’s Current Therapy. 62nd ed. W.B. Saunders Company; 2010.
- Kethu SR, Feller ER. Gallstones and cholecystitis. In: Leppert PC, Peipert JF, editors. Primary care for women. 2nd Ed. Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins. 2004.