Robert Vincent, M.D.
Ages Treated: 18+
- Virtual Telemedicine Visits Available, Call For Details
- Board Certified Gastroenterologist
- Currently Accepting New Patients
- Most Insurance Plans Accepted
- Performs Colonoscopies
Robert Vincent, M.D. Practices at the Following Locations
|Indianapolis, IN||8051 S Emerson Ave #200, Indianapolis, IN 46237||(317) 865-2955||Book an appointment at this location|
|Noblesville, IN||18051 E River Ave, #102, Noblesville, IN 46062||(317) 865-2955||Book an appointment at this location|
|Seymour, IN||225 S Pine St, #311, Seymour, IN 47274||(317) 865-2955||Book an appointment at this location|
About Robert Vincent, M.D.
Colorado native Dr. Robert K. Vincent joined Indianapolis Gastroenterology and Hepatology the fall of 2017 after completing his fellowship in transplant hepatology at Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) Medical Center.
Dr. Vincent’s training career began with his undergraduate studies at Drake University. There he became a project leader investigating the damage to the GI tract during hemorrhage and completed his Bachelor of Science degree in 2001.
Selected for the Medical Scientist Training Program (MSTP) at the University of Wisconsin at Madison, Dr. Vincent combined medical school and a graduate education program to study medicine while earning his PhD in Cellular and Molecular Biology. His research and doctorate work focused on pancreas tissue development for diabetes treatments.
Dr. Vincent continued his medical education at Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) where he completed his internal medicine residency and gastroenterology fellowship as part of a Physician Scientist Training Program (PSTP). This program combined internal medicine residency with subspecialty training and a three-year research fellowship. While completing his studies at VCU, his research focused on large population tissue studies of patients developing Non-Alcoholic Steatoheptitis (NASH) under the mentorship of Dr. Arun Sanyal. Dr. Vincent rounded out his training at VCU with a one year transplant hepatology fellowship. He is a published author of multiple research articles from his undergraduate work, graduate work, and research fellowship.
Dr. Vincent is a member of The American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD) and the European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL). An animal lover with four pets, Dr. Vincent’s other interests include travel, soccer, following his favorite NFL teams, the Broncos and Colts, and spending time with his wife.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science, Drake University 2001
- Doctorate of Philosophy (MSTP), Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Wisconsin at Madison 2007
- Medical Doctorate (MSTP), University of Wisconsin Madison School of Medicine and Public Health 2009
- Internal Medicine Residency (PSTP), Virginia Commonwealth University 2011
- Gastroenterology Fellowship (PTSP), Virginia Commonwealth University 2013
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology Research Fellowship (PTSP), Virginia Commonwealth University 2016
- Transplant Hepatology Fellowship, Virginia Commonwealth University 2017
- President’s Scholarship, Drake University 1997
- Magna cum Laude,Drake University 2001
- Medical Scientist Training Program Fellowship, UW-Madison University 2001
- American College of Physicians,Alexandria, Best Poster 2010
- Digestive Diseases Week-Top 10% Poster 2016