Oscar G. Ramirez, M.D.
Ages Treated: 18+
- Virtual Telemedicine Visits Available, Call For Details
- Board Certified Gastroenterologist
- Currently Accepting New Patients
- Most Insurance Plans Accepted
- Performs Colonoscopies
About Oscar G. Ramirez, M.D.
Dr. Oscar Ramirez is one of four full-time physicians at our Northeast clinic and surgery center. He enjoys practicing on the Northeast side of San Antonio where he has lived and practiced medicine for over twelve years.
Dr. Ramirez, who grew up and attended medical school in Guatemala, is fluent in Spanish. He enjoys communicating with his patients in their native language to help them better understand GI symptoms and conditions and to find answers to their digestive issues. His passion for service comes from wanting to be a doctor from a very early age. He completed his residency and fellowship training at Texas Tech University Health Science Center in Lubbock. He and his wife of 28 years, Silvia, are the proud parents of two grown daughters.
- Del Valle de Guatemala University, Guatemala City, Guatemala, 1981
- Francisco Marroquin University Guatemala City, Guatemala City, Guatemala, 1987
Internal Medicine Residency
- Francisco Marroquin University, Guatemala City, Guatemala, 1990
- Internal Medicine Chief of Residents Roosevelt Hospital, Guatemala City, Guatemala, 1991
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, Texas, 1994
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, Texas, 1996
- Gastroenterology: 1997
Awards and Accreditation:
Honors & Awards
- Best Off-cycle Resident Award: Given by the Chief of Residents and Program Director of the Internal Medicine Department, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 1993
- Best Doctors in San Antonio List, San Antonio Magazine, 2012, 2015, 2016
- Best Doctors List, SA Scene Magazine, 2016, 2017