About Markham Nightengale, M.D.
Mark Nightengale MD was born in Stillwater, Oklahoma when his father was attending veterinary school. He was raised in Ardmore, Oklahoma and went to college at Oklahoma State University where he completed his degree in Biochemistry. He then attended medical school at University of Oklahoma Health Science Center. He completed his internship and residency in Internal Medicine at Mayo Graduate School of Medicine in Rochester, Minnesota. He then completed his fellowship in Gastroenterology at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas, Texas.
Dr. Nightengale has practiced gastroenterology with Adult Gastroenterology Associates since the completion of his training and has an interest in all areas of gastroenterology. He is married, has three children and his interests involve reading and many outdoor activities including distance hiking.
Awards and Accreditation:
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry: Oklahoma State University – Stillwater, OK
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Oklahoma Health Science Center – Oklahoma City, OK
- Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine: Mayo Graduate School of Medicine – Rochester, MN
- Fellowship in Gastroenterology: Baylor University Medical Center – Dallas, TX
- Distinguished Service Award while at Oklahoma State University
- Phi Kappa Honor Society (top 10% of his class) at Oklahoma State University
- Alpha Omega Alpha award from the University of Oklahoma Health Science Center
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American College of Physicians
- American Medical Association
- Oklahoma State Medical Society
- Arkansas-Oklahoma Endoscopic Society
- Tulsa County Medical Society