Mario Garza, M.D.
Ages Treated: 18+
- Virtual Telemedicine Visits Available, Call For Details
- Board Certified Gastroenterologist
- Currently Accepting New Patients
- Most Insurance Plans Accepted
- Performs Colonoscopies
About Mario Garza, M.D.
Dr. Garza is a San Antonio native and graduate of Central Catholic High School and St. Mary’s University. He has a special interest in colon cancer screening and the diagnosis and treatment of gastroesophageal reflux. He is very involved in teaching young medical students and is an active participant in numerous professional organizations and societies. Dr. Garza is fluent in Spanish. While away from work, Dr. Garza enjoys spending time with his wife and children and enjoys jogging, fishing, and plays basketball.
- St. Mary’s University, San Antonio, Texas, 1993
- The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, Galveston, Texas, 1997
Internal Medicine Residency
- The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas, 2000
- The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas, 2004
- Gastroenterology: 2004
Awards and Accreditation:
Honors & Awards
- Best Doctors in San Antonio List, San Antonio Magazine, 2013-2016
- Best Doctors List, SA Scene Magazine, 2016, 2017