Paul J. Berggreen, M.D.
2222 E. Highland Ave Ste. 203
Phoenix, AZ 85016
- Colon Cancer Screenings
- IBD, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux/Heartburn and Advanced Endoscopy
- Currently Accepting New Patients
- Most Insurance Plans Accepted
About Paul J. Berggreen, M.D.
Dr. Berggreen serves as the Chief Strategy Officer of the GI Alliance and is the Founder and President of Arizona Digestive Health, a part of the GI Alliance and the largest gastroenterology group in the western US. He has been in private practice in Phoenix since 1993 and served as site director of the University of Arizona/Phoenix VA GI fellowship program for 16 years. Dr. Berggreen’s interest in improving patient communication and care coordination has led him to spearhead the Chronic Care Management initiative within the GI Alliance.
He has held various executive roles for the Digestive Health Physicians Association (DHPA), a national not-for-profit political advocacy organization supporting over 2300 gastroenterologists and their patients. Currently, he is the chair of data analytics, an assignment that complements his long-term interest in using data to improve patient care and the care process. He speaks nationally about data initiatives in medicine and their practical applications. Additionally, he is also an advisor to Gastro GPO and holds a position on the medical advisory board of AmSurg.
Dr. Berggreen earned his medical degree from Louisiana State University Medical School in New Orleans. He completed his internal medicine residency at Good Samaritan Medical Center and his GI fellowship at the University of Arizona/Phoenix VA Medical Center.
- B.S. Louisiana State University – Baton Rouge, LA
- M.D. Louisiana State University School of Medicine – New Orleans, LA
- Internal Medicine Residency – Good Samaritan/VA Hospital Combined Program
- Gastroenterology Fellowship – Phoenix VA/Univ of Arizona Combined Fellowship
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Gastroenterology & Hepatology
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American College of Physicians
- Maricopa County Medical Society
- Phoenix Society of Gastroenterology
Awards or Distinctions
- Former Director, Good Samaritan GI Fellowship Program
- Named to Phoenix Magazine “Top Docs”
- President, Arizona Digestive Health
- Banner University Medical Center
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital
- Abdominal Pain
- Anal/Rectal Bleeding
- Blood in the Stool
- Bowel Incontinence
- Difficulty Swallowing
- Unexplained Weight Gain/Loss
- Yellowing of the Skin/Eyes
- Acid Reflux
- Anal Fissure
- Anemia/Iron Deficiency
- Barrett's Esophagus
- Biliary Obstruction
- C. Difficile Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Colon Cancer
- Colorectal Polyps
- Crohn's Disease
- Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome (CVS)
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Esophageal Motility Disorder
- Fatty Liver Disease
- Food Intolerance
- Gallbladder Disease
- Helicobacter Pylori
- Hiatal Hernia
- Impacted Bowel
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Lactose Intolerance
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis
- Peptic Ulcers
- Primary Biliary Cholangitis
- Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Anorectal Manometry
- Argon Laser Therapy
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Colon Cancer Screening
- CT Scan or CAT Scan
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection
- Esophageal Dilation
- Esophageal Manometry
- Feeding Tube Insertion (PEG)
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Hemorrhoid Banding
- Infusion Therapy (IV Infusion)
Easy to talk to, explained everything.
I have been going to Dr Berggreen for almost two decades and cannot imagine a more caring Dr or staff.
Doctor B is a fine doctor. I have been well treated by him. Go Tigers.
Dr Berggreen asked questions and listened to my answers. He allowed me to follow his suggestions but make my own decisions about my healthcare.
He is an amazing doctor and always so compassionate and he allows you to be part of the conversation about you’re care. If you have GI issues I would 100% recommend going to see him.