1001 Main Street Ste 500A
Peoria, IL 61606
HoursClosed. Opens Mon at 7:40AM
- Virtual Telemedicine Visits Available, Call For Details
- Board Certified Gastroenterologist
- Currently Accepting New Patients
- Most Insurance Plans Accepted
- Performs Colonoscopies
Request an Appointment
About Jaymon Patel, M.D.
Dr. Patel is a board-certified Gastroenterologist with Illinois Gastroenterology Institute. He performs routine GI procedures such as upper endoscopy and colonoscopy in the diagnosis, screening, and surveillance of gastrointestinal diseases and cancers. In addition, he has a focus and interest in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases such as Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s Disease. He is fluent in English. He is a member of the AGA, ASGE, and ACP.
Why did you choose to specialize in Gastroenterology?
Gastroenterology has always been an interest of mine. Long before choosing my path in medicine, I have been surrounded by people with various gastrointestinal ailments. I learned that this was not unique and that over two-thirds of Americans suffer from some form of digestive disease or disorder. With the ability to help many, the choice became clear.
Do you have a specialty of interest in Gastroenterology?
Inflammatory bowel disease is a particular interest of mine.
What do you and your family enjoy doing in your spare time?
In my spare time, I enjoy spending quality time with my family which may include working out, reading, or watching TV and movies when it’s time to unwind. We stay active as a family and take our dogs out for long walks.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Gastroenterology
University of California, Berkeley
Ross University School of Medicine
University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American College of Physicians
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Abdominal Pain
- Anal/Rectal Bleeding
- Blood in the Stool
- Bowel Incontinence
- Difficulty Swallowing
- Unexplained Weight Gain/Loss
- Yellowing of the Skin/Eyes
- Acid Reflux
- Anal Fissure
- Anemia/Iron Deficiency
- Barrett's Esophagus
- Biliary Obstruction
- C. Difficile Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Colon Cancer
- Colorectal Polyps
- Crohn's Disease
- Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome (CVS)
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Esophageal Cancer
- Esophageal Motility Disorder
- Failure to Thrive (FTT)
- Fatty Liver Disease
- Food Intolerance
- Gallbladder Disease
- Helicobacter Pylori
- Hiatal Hernia
- Impacted Bowel
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Lactose Intolerance
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis
- Peptic Ulcers
- Primary Biliary Cholangitis
- Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis
- Stomach Cancer
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Anorectal Manometry
- Argon Laser Therapy
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection
- Esophageal Dilation
- Esophageal Manometry
- Esophageal Impedance Test
- Feeding Tube Insertion (PEG)
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Hemorrhoid Banding
- Infusion Therapy (IV Infusion)
- Luminal Stent Placement
Absolutely loved Dr. Patel and his staff. Definitely would recommend them. Excellent beside manner and explains everything.
Very detailed in his explanation about the procedure and the results
Professional, courteous, on-time. All good.
Straight to the point. Informative. Trustworthy. You name it. Dr. Patel is someone I trust to help get to the bottom of what’s going on with somebody’s health. Would recommend to other people dealing with similar issues to me.
Dr. Patel was very informative and he really cared about me and my health. I would recommend Dr. Patel to everyone