Robert Vincent, M.D.
225 S Pine St #311
Seymour, IN 47274
HoursClosed. Opens Thur at 8 AM
- Virtual Telemedicine Visits Available, Call For Details
- Board Certified Gastroenterologist
- Currently Accepting New Patients
- Most Insurance Plans Accepted
- Performs Colonoscopies
IGH - Indianapolis, IN
Gastroenterology in Indianapolis, IN
IGH - Indianapolis, IN
8051 S Emerson Ave
Closed. Opens Wed at 7:45AM
Request an Appointment
About Robert Vincent, M.D.
Colorado native Dr. Robert K. Vincent joined Indianapolis Gastroenterology and Hepatology the fall of 2017 after completing his fellowship in transplant hepatology at Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) Medical Center.
Dr. Vincent’s training career began with his undergraduate studies at Drake University. There he became a project leader investigating the damage to the GI tract during hemorrhage and completed his Bachelor of Science degree in 2001.
Selected for the Medical Scientist Training Program (MSTP) at the University of Wisconsin at Madison, Dr. Vincent combined medical school and a graduate education program to study medicine while earning his PhD in Cellular and Molecular Biology. His research and doctorate work focused on pancreas tissue development for diabetes treatments.
Dr. Vincent continued his medical education at Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) where he completed his internal medicine residency and gastroenterology fellowship as part of a Physician Scientist Training Program (PSTP). This program combined internal medicine residency with subspecialty training and a three-year research fellowship. While completing his studies at VCU, his research focused on large population tissue studies of patients developing Non-Alcoholic Steatoheptitis (NASH) under the mentorship of Dr. Arun Sanyal. Dr. Vincent rounded out his training at VCU with a one year transplant hepatology fellowship. He is a published author of multiple research articles from his undergraduate work, graduate work, and research fellowship.
Dr. Vincent is a member of The American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD) and the European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL). An animal lover with four pets, Dr. Vincent’s other interests include travel, soccer, following his favorite NFL teams, the Broncos and Colts, and spending time with his wife.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science, Drake University 2001
- Doctorate of Philosophy (MSTP), Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Wisconsin at Madison 2007
- Medical Doctorate (MSTP), University of Wisconsin Madison School of Medicine and Public Health 2009
- Internal Medicine Residency (PSTP), Virginia Commonwealth University 2011
- Gastroenterology Fellowship (PTSP), Virginia Commonwealth University 2013
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology Research Fellowship (PTSP), Virginia Commonwealth University 2016
- Transplant Hepatology Fellowship, Virginia Commonwealth University 2017
- President’s Scholarship, Drake University 1997
- Magna cum Laude,Drake University 2001
- Medical Scientist Training Program Fellowship, UW-Madison University 2001
- American College of Physicians,Alexandria, Best Poster 2010
- Digestive Diseases Week-Top 10% Poster 2016
- Abdominal Pain
- Anal/Rectal Bleeding
- Blood in the Stool
- Bowel Incontinence
- Difficulty Swallowing
- Unexplained Weight Gain/Loss
- Yellowing of the Skin/Eyes
- Acid Reflux
- Anal Fissure
- Anemia/Iron Deficiency
- Barrett's Esophagus
- Biliary Obstruction
- C. Difficile Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Colon Cancer
- Colorectal Polyps
- Crohn's Disease
- Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome (CVS)
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Esophageal Motility Disorder
- Fatty Liver Disease
- Food Intolerance
- Gallbladder Disease
- Helicobacter Pylori
- Hiatal Hernia
- Impacted Bowel
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Lactose Intolerance
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis
- Peptic Ulcers
- Primary Biliary Cholangitis
- Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Anorectal Manometry
- Argon Laser Therapy
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Colon Cancer Screening
- CT Scan or CAT Scan
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection
- Esophageal Dilation
- Esophageal Manometry
- Feeding Tube Insertion (PEG)
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Hemorrhoid Banding
- Infusion Therapy (IV Infusion)
Dr. Vincent and his team made an uncomfortable procedure more than tolerable! They took excellent care of me and I would recommend them to anyone!
Staff were friendly, knowledgeable, helpful, and comforting.
Dr Robert Vincent spent some time with me at my last visit. I am scheduled for a colonoscopy and n December. If you haven't had a colonoscopy and your 40, you should get one.
The Dr. Was very kind and took time to actually listen to what I had to say. Him and the office staff were great and I was in and out without being there very long BUT didn't feel rushed.
I recently had my 6 month checkup and labs with Dr. Vincent. I feel that he has my best interest in mind when provide the best options for optimal health. I never wait long for my appointment and the nursing staff and office staff are very friendly and helpful.