Paul J. Berggreen, M.D.
Chief Strategy Officer
Ages Treated: 18+
- Virtual Telemedicine Visits Available, Call For Details
- Board Certified Gastroenterologist
- Currently Accepting New Patients
- Most Insurance Plans Accepted
- Performs Colonoscopies
About Paul J. Berggreen, M.D.
Dr. Berggreen serves as the Chief Strategy Officer of the GI Alliance and is the Founder and President of Arizona Digestive Health, a part of the GI Alliance and the largest gastroenterology group in the western US. He has been in private practice in Phoenix since 1993 and served as site director of the University of Arizona/Phoenix VA GI fellowship program for 16 years. Dr. Berggreen’s interest in improving patient communication and care coordination has led him to spearhead the Chronic Care Management initiative within the GI Alliance.
He has held various executive roles for the Digestive Health Physicians Association (DHPA), a national not-for-profit political advocacy organization supporting over 2300 gastroenterologists and their patients. Currently, he is the chair of data analytics, an assignment that complements his long-term interest in using data to improve patient care and the care process. He speaks nationally about data initiatives in medicine and their practical applications. Additionally, he is also an advisor to Gastro GPO and holds a position on the medical advisory board of AmSurg.
Dr. Berggreen earned his medical degree from Louisiana State University Medical School in New Orleans. He completed his internal medicine residency at Good Samaritan Medical Center and his GI fellowship at the University of Arizona/Phoenix VA Medical Center.
Awards and Accreditation:
- B.S. Louisiana State University – Baton Rouge, LA
- M.D. Louisiana State University School of Medicine – New Orleans, LA
- Internal Medicine Residency – Good Samaritan/VA Hospital Combined Program
- Gastroenterology Fellowship – Phoenix VA/Univ of Arizona Combined Fellowship
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Gastroenterology & Hepatology
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American College of Physicians
- Maricopa County Medical Society
- Phoenix Society of Gastroenterology
Awards or Distinctions
- Former Director, Good Samaritan GI Fellowship Program
- Named to Phoenix Magazine “Top Docs”
- President, Arizona Digestive Health
- Banner University Medical Center
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital