Shan Cheng, M.D.
Ages Treated: 18+
- Virtual Telemedicine Visits Available, Call For Details
- Board Certified Gastroenterologist
- Currently Accepting New Patients
- Most Insurance Plans Accepted
- Performs Colonoscopies
Shan Cheng, M.D. Practices at the Following Locations
|Indianapolis, IN||8051 S Emerson Ave #200, Indianapolis, IN 46237||(317) 865-2955||Request an appointment at this location|
|Noblesville, IN||18051 E River Ave, #102, Noblesville, IN 46062||(317) 865-2955||Request an appointment at this location|
|Seymour, IN||225 S Pine St, #311, Seymour, IN 47274||(317) 865-2955||Request an appointment at this location|
About Shan Cheng, M.D.
Dr. Shan L. Cheng was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and raised in Dallas, Texas. He graduated Phi Beta Kappa and magna cum laude from Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island. He earned his Medical Degree and graduated Alpha Omega Alpha from Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis in 2002.
Dr. Cheng completed his Internal Medicine residency at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine. He completed his gastroenterology and hepatology training at the University of California in San Francisco where his fellowship included extensive Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) training. His areas of special interest include inflammatory bowel disease, microscopic colitis, biliary tract disease, irritable bowel syndrome, and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
Dr. Cheng is board certified in Gastroenterology by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Indianapolis Monthly Magazine and Castle Connolly have recognized Dr. Cheng as one of the area’s Top Doctors. Joining Indianapolis Gastroenterology and Hepatology in 2009, Dr. Cheng serves as the organization’s Vice-President today. He is a member of the American Gastroenterological Association and the American College of Gastroenterology.
In his free time Dr. Cheng enjoys cooking, racquetball, and traveling. He is an avid sports fan and follows the NFL, the NHL, and European Soccer. He is married with three children.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts, Brown University, Providence RI, 1998
- Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO, 2002
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine (Internal Medicine Residency) 2005
- University of California, San Francisco (Gastroenterology Fellowship and ERCP training) 2009
- Top Doctors 2012, 2017, 2018