About Rushikesh H. Shah, M.D.
Dr. Shah has a deep passion for pancreatobiliary diseases including acute and chronic pancreatitis, pancreatic, benign and malignant biliary diseases. He has advanced training and experience performing a variety of advanced endoscopic procedure including ERCP, EUS, deep balloon enteroscopy, Per Oral Endoscopic Myotomy (POEM), Gastric – POEM, endoscopic suturing, in addition to routine GI procedures including EGD and colonoscopy.
His focus is to take a personalized approach with each of his patients placing specific emphasis on the patient’s quality of life while making medical decisions. Dr. Shah strongly believes in patient education and empowerment to promote shared medical decision making with his patients.
Education and Training
- Fellowship: Emory University, Atlanta, GA – Advanced Endoscopy Fellow
- Fellowship: Emory University, Atlanta, GA – Gastroenterology & Hepatology
- Residency: Syracuse VA Medical Center – Chief Resident – QA & Patient Safety
- Residency: SUNY Upstate Medical University – Internal Medicine Residency
- MD: Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S) from Pad. Dr. D.Y. Patil Medical College, Pimpri, Pune, India
Awards and Accreditation:
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American Gastroenterological Association
- Texas Medical Association
- Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas
- Digestive Health Center of Dallas
- Physicians Day Surgery Center