Ronald Wool, M.D
Ages Treated: 18+
- Virtual Telemedicine Visits Available, Call For Details
- Board Certified Gastroenterologist
- Currently Accepting New Patients
- Most Insurance Plans Accepted
- Performs Colonoscopies
About Ronald Wool, M.D
Dr. Wool joined our practice full-time in 2019 as a Gastroenterology Hospitalist, specializing in inpatient gastroenterology care and coordinating a safe transition for our patients to our other physicians. Prior to this, he worked part-time with our practice while serving as a Medical Director with WellMed Medical Group in San Antonio.
A retired Army Colonel with more than 25 years of military service, Dr. Wool possesses a wealth of clinical and leadership experience. In addition to training gastroenterology fellows at Brooke Army Medical Center, Dr. Wool’s leadership positions included Chair of the Department of Medicine, Assistant Chief Medical Officer and Chief of the Gastroenterology Service. He is a veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom, as well as a proud paratrooper and flight surgeon.
When not practicing medicine, Dr. Wool enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, camping, and kayaking.
- Pennsylvania State University, State College, Pennsylvania, 1991
- Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in Bethesda, Maryland, 1995
- William Beaumont Army Medical Center, El Paso, Texas, 1996
- Dwight D. Eisenhower Army Medical Center, Augusta, Georgia, 2002
- Brooke Army Medical Center/Wilford Hall Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, 2005
- Internal Medicine:
- Gastroenterology: 2005, 2015