Paresh P. Mehta, M.D.
Ages Treated: 18+
- Virtual Telemedicine Visits Available, Call For Details
- Board Certified Gastroenterologist
- Currently Accepting New Patients
- Most Insurance Plans Accepted
- Performs Colonoscopies
About Paresh P. Mehta, M.D.
Paresh Mehta, MD is skilled in all areas of gastroenterology and hepatology and has a special interest in the management of inflammatory bowel diseases, including Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, and liver diseases including Hepatitis C and fatty liver disease. He also has a special interest in colonoscopy for colon cancer screening and improvement in patient satisfaction during colonoscopy.
After receiving his medical degree from Ross University School of Medicine, Dr. Mehta completed his residency and fellowship training at Cleveland Clinic, which is widely recognized as one of the top gastroenterology training programs in the US. During his training at Cleveland Clinic, Dr. Mehta received several awards including prestigious grant funding from the American College of Gastroenterology for research on methods to improve safety monitoring in upper and lower endoscopy procedures.
Dr. Mehta was born in Canada, moved to the US at a young age, and grew up in Wichita, Kansas. His father, a family physician for over 40 years, inspired him to pursue a career in medicine. He is also an accomplished writer, having published many abstracts and publications during his post-graduate training. Dr. Mehta looks forward to using his knowledge to better the lives of his patients at Gastroenterology Consultants. In his spare time, he enjoys traveling to different places and immersing himself into the local culture. He also has a strong passion for exercising and keeping his mind and body healthy.
- University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas, 2004
- Ross University School of Medicine, Portsmouth, Dominica, 2008
Internal Medicine Internship
- Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, 2009
Internal Medicine Residency
- Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, 2011
Gastroenterology & Hepatology Fellowship
- Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, 2014
- Internal Medicine: 2012
- Gastroenterology: 2014
Awards and Accreditation:
Honors & Awards
- American College of Gastroenterology Clinical Research Award
- Excellence in Medical Education, Education Institute, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Cleveland Clinic
- Best Doctors List, SA Scene Magazine, 2016, 2017