About Octavio De La Pena, M.D.
Dr. De La Pena has provided state-of-the-art treatment of gastrointestinal illnesses for more than 15 years. These include issues concerning the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon, pancreas, and liver. He has received multiple awards including Best Doctors Collin County, Best Doctors Dallas, Living Magazine Best Doctors of 2016, and the Mexican State Department Commendation for Search and Rescue.
Dr. De La Pena’s personal interests outside of his private practice include spending time with his family, photography, and international traveling.
- Board Certified: Gastroenterology
- Fellowship: Gastroenterology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas
- Residency: Internal Medicine, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, Wisconsin
- MD: La Salle University Medical School, Mexico City, Mexico
- Undergrad: Zoology/Pre-Med, Pomana College, Claremont, California
Awards and Accreditation:
- Living Magazine, Top Docs, 2016
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Collin-Fannin County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Society for Gastroenterology and Endoscopy