Muhammad Ali, M.D.
Ages Treated: 18+
- Board Certified Gastroenterologist
- Currently Accepting New Patients
- Most Insurance Plans Accepted
- Performs Colonoscopies
Muhammad Ali, M.D. Practices at the Following Locations
|San Antonio – Westover Hills State Hwy 151, TX||11212 State Hwy 151, Medical Plaza 1, Ste 250, San Antonio, TX 78251||(210) 614-1234||Book an appointment at this location|
|Castroville, TX||813 Paris St, Castroville, TX 78009||(210) 614-1234||Book an appointment at this location|
About Muhammad Ali, M.D.
Dr. Ali earned his Medical Degree in Lahore, Pakistan and moved to the United States in 2005 to continue his medical training. He completed an Internal Medicine residency at the University of Illinois at Chicago and a Gastroenterology and Hepatology fellowship at the University of Texas Southwestern in Dallas. Dr. Ali is skilled in all areas of Gastroenterology with special interest in colon cancer screening (e.g. colonoscopy), GERD, constipation, IBS and management of inflammatory bowel disease including Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. He is also interested in Hepatology and takes care of patients with Hepatitis B & C and fatty liver. Dr. Ali is also committed to the advancement of his field, having published and presented numerous gastroenterology and hepatology abstracts during his post-graduate training. He is passionate about providing quality patient care in a compassionate and efficient manner. When not practicing medicine, Dr. Ali enjoys spending time with his wife and 2 young boys. He is an avid movie buff, traveler and self-proclaimed “techie”.
- Allama Iqbal Medical College, Lahore, Pakistan, 1996-2001
Master’s Degree in Clinical & Translational Science
- Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 2013
Internal Medicine Residency
- St. Francis Hospital, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, 2005-2008
Gastroenterology & Hepatology Fellowship
- University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas, Texas, 2013-2016
- Internal Medicine: 2008
- Gastroenterology: 2016
Awards and Accreditation:
- Gold Medal, Forensic Sciences, 1998
- Nominated for Best Inpatient Teaching Attending – Medical College of Wisconsin, 2010
- Best Doctors List, SA Scene Magazine, 2017