Michael Russo, M.D.
Ages Treated: 0-18BOOK AN APPOINTMENT >
- Virtual Telemedicine Visits Available, Call For Details
- Board Certified Pediatric Gastroenterologist
- Currently Accepting New Patients
- Most Insurance Plans Accepted
- Performs Colonoscopies
Michael Russo, M.D. Practices at the Following Locations
|Plano – Hwy 121, TX||14660 State Hwy 121, Ste. 200, Plano, TX 75035||(972) 306-3767||Book an appointment at this location|
|Plano – Plano Pkwy, TX||7000 W. Plano Pkwy, Ste. 110, Plano, TX 75093||(972) 306-3767||Book an appointment at this location|
About Michael Russo, M.D.
Dr. Russo is board-certified in pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology, and nutrition as well as general pediatrics. He has the training and expertise as a comprehensive, medical sub-specialist.
Dr. Russo’s clinical interests span both complex and common issues faced from the newborn period to the college years. He treats a wide range of disorders including gastroesophageal reflux, swallowing difficulties, abdominal pain, celiac disease, nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), failure to thrive, abnormal liver enzymes, and allergic gastrointestinal disorders.
He also serves as the physician liaison for the DFW Eosinophilic Family Coalition and has a particular interest in eosinophilic esophagitis.
Education and Training
- Board Certified: Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- Board Certified: General Pediatrics
- Fellowship: Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition – UT Southwestern
- Medical Center/Children’s Medical Center: Dallas, TX
- Residency: Pediatrics, Arkansas Children’s Hospital
- MD: University of South Alabama College of Medicine
- Undergraduate: Summa Cum Laude Biomedical Sciences, University of South Alabama
Awards and Accreditation:
- North American Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Gastroenterology Association
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association
- Medical City Dallas
- Medical City Frisco
- Childrens Medical Center
- Children’s Medical Center Plano
- Live Oak Surgery Center