Michael J. Guirl, M.D.
Ages Treated: 18+
- Virtual Telemedicine Visits Available, Call For Details
- Board Certified Gastroenterologist
- Currently Accepting New Patients
- Most Insurance Plans Accepted
- Performs Colonoscopies
About Michael J. Guirl, M.D.
Dr. Guirl joined Gastroenterology Consultants of San Antonio in 2004 after completing his training at Baylor University Medical Center. His interests include screening colonoscopy, inflammatory bowel disease, and hepatology as well as therapeutic and capsule endoscopy. Dr. Guirl is active in several professional organizations including the American College of Gastroenterology and the Bexar County Medical Society. He is also a past President of the Texas Society for Gastroenterology and Endoscopy. He and his wife are originally from San Antonio and have three children. Dr. Guirl is a competitive swimmer and enjoys traveling, scuba diving, and college football.
- University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas, 1993
- Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 1997
Internal Medicine Residency
- University of Texas – Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Texas, 2000
- Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, 2004
- Gastroenterology: 2004
Awards and Accreditation:
Honors & Awards
- Fellow American College of Physicians (FACP)
- Fellow American College of Gastroenterology (FACG)
- Best Doctors in San Antonio List, San Antonio Magazine, 2012-2016
- Best Doctors List, SA Scene Magazine, 2013-2017