Jorge M. Cavazos, M.D.
Ages Treated: 18+
- Virtual Telemedicine Visits Available, Call For Details
- Board Certified Gastroenterologist
- Currently Accepting New Patients
- Most Insurance Plans Accepted
- Performs Colonoscopies
Jorge M. Cavazos, M.D. Practices at the Following Locations
|San Antonio – Medical Center Hamilton, TX||5223 Hamilton Wolfe, San Antonio, TX 78229||(210) 614-1234||Request an appointment at this location|
|San Antonio – Mission Trail Research Plaza, TX||3327 Research Plaza #302, San Antonio, TX 78235||(210) 614-1234||Request an appointment at this location|
About Jorge M. Cavazos, M.D.
Jorge M. Cavazos, MD, a native Texan, was born and raised in Laredo and graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Texas Pan American in Edinburg. He attended Baylor College of Medicine where he earned his medical degree and also completed his internal medicine residency and an additional fellowship in hepatology and liver transplantation. Upon completion of his liver fellowship, he attended the University of Texas Southwestern in Dallas where he completed his gastroenterology fellowship.
Dr. Cavazos is fluent in Spanish and is skilled in all areas of gastroenterology. He has a special interest in the management and treatment of liver disease including hepatitis and cirrhosis management. He is also passionate about colon cancer screening (e.g. colonoscopy) and enjoys treating patients who suffer from inflammatory bowel disease.
Dr. Cavazos believes that strong patient/physician relationships are the key to good medical care, and he incorporates open communication into his daily practice to help achieve this goal. In his spare time, Dr. Cavazos enjoys scuba diving, fishing at the ranch, cooking on the grill, and spending time with his wife and three young children.
Bachelor’s Degree – Biology
- University of Texas Pan American, Edinburg, Texas, 2001, Magna Cum Laude
- Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 2005
Internal Medicine Internship & Residency
- Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 2008
Hepatology & Liver Transplantation Fellowship
- Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 2009
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, 2012
- Internal Medicine: 2008
- Gastroenterology: 2012
Awards and Accreditation:
Honors & Awards
- Physician of the Year, Harris County Hospital District, Nominee, 2005-2006
- Merck Foundation Grant, United Latin American Medical Student Association, 2004
- Best Doctors List, SA Scene Magazine, 2016, 2017