James Jacob, M.D.
Ages Treated: 18+
- Virtual Telemedicine Visits Available, Call For Details
- Board Certified Gastroenterologist
- Currently Accepting New Patients
- Most Insurance Plans Accepted
- Performs Colonoscopies
James Jacob, M.D. Practices at the Following Locations
|Indianapolis, IN||8051 S Emerson Ave #200, Indianapolis, IN 46237||(317) 865-2955||Book an appointment at this location|
|Indianapolis-Southpointe, IN||8920 Southpointe Dr, Ste B, Indianapolis, IN 46227||(317) 865-2955||Book an appointment at this location|
|Mooresville, IN||1203 Hadley Rd, #204, Mooresville, IN 46158||(317) 865-2955||Book an appointment at this location|
About James Jacob, M.D.
Toledo, Ohio native, Dr. James A. Jacob is a member of the Board of Managers at the Mooresville Endoscopy Center and the Executive Committee at Indianapolis Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
Dr. Jacob’s career is distinguished by his passion for quality healthcare through a number of leadership roles. He is the past President of Indianapolis Gastroenterology and Hepatology and a former Vice Chairman of the Department of Internal Medicine at Community Hospital South also serving as the Chairman of the department’s Quality Assurance Committee. During Dr. Jacob’s presidency, IGH increased its clinical presence in Shelbyville from two to five days per week and expanded its clinical and research partnership with Community Hospital South improving healthcare access for south side patients.
Dr. Jacob graduated Cum Laude from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, then attended the Ohio State University College of Medicine. He completed his Internal Medicine Internship and Residency at the University of Michigan Medical Center and Gastroenterology Fellowship at the Indiana University Medical Center in Indianapolis. He joined Indianapolis Gastroenterology and Hepatology in 1994.
Dr. Jacob is a member of the American College of Gastroenterology, and the American Society of Gastroenterology Endoscopy. He enjoys an active family life sharing his love of sports with his wife and three children.
Education & Training
- Miami University in Oxford, Ohio 1985
- Medical Degree from the Ohio State College of Medicine in 1989
- Internal Medicine Internship and Residency at the University of Michigan Medical Center in 1992
- Gastroenterology Fellowship at the Indiana University Medical Center 1994
- Cum Laude Miami University 1985
- Team Gastroenterologist Indiana Pacers
- Top Docs 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018