About James Hakert, M.D.
Dr. Hakert has over 20 years experience as a board-certified gastroenterologist and internist. Some of his special interests include esophageal reflux, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), ulcer disease, colon cancer screening, liver disease, chronic abdominal pain, and hemorrhoidal banding. He is fully trained to perform upper endoscopy, colonoscopy, and hemorrhoidal banding procedures.
- Board Certified: Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine
- Fellowship: University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK
- Residency: University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK
- MD: University of Texas at Houston, Houston, TX
- Undergrad: University of Texas, Austin, TX
Awards and Accreditation:
- American College of Gastroenterology
- Texas Medical Association
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Society for Gastroenterology and Endoscopy
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy