J. Thomas Swan, M.D.
Ages Treated: 18+
- Virtual Telemedicine Visits Available, Call For Details
- Board Certified Gastroenterologist
- Currently Accepting New Patients
- Most Insurance Plans Accepted
- Performs Colonoscopies
About J. Thomas Swan, M.D.
Dr. Swan has spent two decades helping patients in his home town of San Antonio, where he graduated from Edison High School. His collegiate excellence earned him recognition in the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, the Mu Delta Medical Service Society, and the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society while as a student. Although Dr. Swan sees and treats patients with generalized gastrointestinal disorders, he has expertise and extensive experience in the diagnosis and management of acute and chronic liver disorders, particularly hepatitis C. Although Dr. Swan has many interests outside of medicine, he particularly enjoys playing and listening to music.
- Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas, 1976
- The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas, 1980
Internal Medicine Residency
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas, 1983
- University of Kansas, Kansas City, Kansas, 1985
- Internal Medicine: 1983
- Gastroenterology: 1985
Awards and Accreditation:
Honors & Awards
- Fellow American College of Gastroenterology (FACG)
- Texas Super Doctors List, Texas Monthly Magazine, 2010-2016
- Best Doctors in San Antonio List, San Antonio Magazine, 2012, 2015, 2016
- Best Doctors List, SA Scene Magazine, 2016, 2017