Hays L. Arnold, M.D.
Ages Treated: 18+
- Virtual Telemedicine Visits Available, Call For Details
- Board Certified Gastroenterologist
- Currently Accepting New Patients
- Most Insurance Plans Accepted
- Performs Colonoscopies
About Hays L. Arnold, M.D.
Dr. Arnold, a former Lieutenant Colonel who served in the US Army for more than 11 years, joined our practice in July 2010. Dr. Arnold is skilled in all areas of gastroenterology, with special expertise in inflammatory bowel disease and GERD. Describing himself as nationalistic, or someone whose pride in his country moves him to action, Dr. Arnold was stationed at Brooke Army Medical Center, serving most recently as Chief of Clinical Services in the Gastroenterology Division. He was deployed in 2008 in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Dr. Arnold is most passionate about teaching others, whether he’s instructing his patients about their health care choices or encouraging a medical student during challenging situations. Early on, Dr. Arnold gravitated toward medicine, even though he had an appointment to attend West Point and recruitments to play football. He most looked forward to being able to help and teach those around him. In his spare time, he enjoys participating in his children’s sporting activities and tackling home renovation projects. Dr. Arnold is married and has 4 children.
- Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey, 1992
- University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida, 1999
Internal Medicine Residency
- Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, 2002
- Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, 2006
- Internal Medicine: 2002
- Gastroenterology: 2006
- Assistant Professor with the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas
Awards and Accreditation:
- Fellow American College of Physicians (FACP)
- Fellow American College of Gastroenterology (FACG)
- Best Doctors List, SA Scene Magazine, 2016, 2017