David Pryor Jones, D.O.
Ages Treated: 18+
- Virtual Telemedicine Visits Available, Call For Details
- Board Certified Gastroenterologist
- Currently Accepting New Patients
- Most Insurance Plans Accepted
- Performs Colonoscopies
About David Pryor Jones, D.O.
A former Lieutenant Colonel in the US Army, Dr. Jones proudly served in Iraq in 2008 as Chief of Medical Services and Acting Deputy Commander of Clinical Services. From 2005-2010, Dr. Jones served as Chief of Gastroenterology at Brooke Army Medical Center, one of the largest gastroenterology fellowship training centers in the country. His commitment to ensuring the highest quality training of GI physicians as well as fostering patient-centered education is evident by his continued service at the national level on the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Training Committee.
At an early age, Dr. Jones was faced with a decision: pursue a career in music or study medicine. Despite his love for playing the piano and guitar, he found his life’s calling as a gastroenterologist. Dr. Jones is passionate about quality health care and through his role on the American College of Gastroenterology’s Patient Care Committee, empowers his patients to become active participants in their own healthcare decisions. Dr. Jones is married and has 3 wonderful children. He enjoys participating in his children’s sporting events and continues to play the piano and guitar.
- Gannon University, Erie, Pennsylvania, 1992
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1996
Internal Medicine Internship & Residency
- Eisenhower Army Medical Center, Augusta, Georgia, 1996-1999
- SAUSHEC, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, 2002
- Internal Medicine: 1999, 2009 (Recertification)
- Gastroenterology: 2002, 2012 (Recertification)
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine, UTHSCSA, San Antonio, Texas
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine, USUHS, Bethesda, Maryland, 2008-2010
- Assistant Clinical Professor, University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine
Awards and Accreditation:
Honors & Awards
- Fellow American College of Gastroenterology (FACG)
- Fellow American College of Physicians (FACP)
- Fellow American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (FASGE)
- William Beaumont Master Teacher Award, Gastroenterology, 2008
- Best Doctors List, SA Scene Magazine, 2016, 2017