About Brian Cooley, M.D.
Dr. Cooley was born in Washington, D.C. and grew up in the suburbs of Maryland. He obtained his bachelor’s degree in biochemistry as well as his medical degree from the University of Maryland in Baltimore. After graduating, he moved to Texas in 1982 and trained in internal medicine at Parkland Hospital in Dallas and in gastroenterology at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio. He has been in private practice since 1988 and became a founding member of Digestive Health Associates of Texas. He currently resides in Texas and raised his three beautiful daughters here. To learn more about Dr. Cooley, visit his website, BrianCooleyMD.com.
- Board Certified: Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
- Fellowship: UT Health Science Center, San Antonio
- Residency: UT Southwestern Medical School, Dallas
- MD: Cum Laude, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
Awards and Accreditation:
- Frances Donaldson Award for excellence in Pathology
- Elected Fellow American College of Gastroenterology
- Patient’s Choice Award
- Super Doctors Texas
- American Gastroenterological Association