About Arshad Malik, M.D.
Dr. Malik is a Board Certified Gastroenterologist in Plano, Texas. He is one of few GI specialists who has done 2 separate fellowships, one in gastroenterology and another one in Hepatology (liver diseases).
Dr. Malik specializes in GI conditions such as colon cancer screening, reflux, swallowing problems, abdominal pain, rectal bleeding, hemorrhoids, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, gallstones, and hepatitis. He has expertise in procedures including colonoscopy and removal of polyps, upper endoscopy, esophageal dilation, hemorrhoid banding, Barrett’s ablation, and capsule endoscopy of the small bowel.
Dr Malik brings a unique touch to gastroenterology practice with his vast knowledge, innate ability to connect with patients and expert but judicious use of GI tests and procedures. His demonstrated ability to improve the long term health of his patients has earned him the respect and admiration of patients and colleagues. He has been recognized with numerous awards for the compassionate and outstanding medical care of his patients. To learn more about Dr. Malik, visit his website, arshadmalikmd.com
Education and Training
- Board Certified: Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
- Fellowship: Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas, TX
- Residency: Internal Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX
- MD: Aga Khan University Medical College, Karachi, Pakistan
- Medical City Plano
- Preston Crossing Endoscopy Center
Awards and Accreditation:
D-Magazine Best Doctors: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
Texas Super Doctors: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
Three Best Rated Doctors: 2019, 2020, 2021
Dr. Malik has been published in several prestigious journals, including the Annals of Internal Medicine, Hepatology, Gastroenterology, Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Digestive Disease and Sciences, and American Journal of Gastroenterology.
He has published book chapters in the Encyclopedia of Gastroenterology and in Sleisinger & Fordtran’s Textbook on Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease.
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association
- American College of Physicians
- Texas Society for Gastroenterology and Endoscopy
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Gastroenterology Association
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy