Annette Whitney, M.D.
Ages Treated: 0-18BOOK AN APPOINTMENT >
- Virtual Telemedicine Visits Available, Call For Details
- Board Certified Pediatric Gastroenterologist
- Currently Accepting New Patients
- Most Insurance Plans Accepted
- Performs Colonoscopies
About Annette Whitney, M.D.
Dr. Whitney attended Baylor University for her undergraduate education and the University of Texas Health Science Center for medical school. She received her training in pediatrics and pediatric gastroenterology at Emory University in Atlanta, GA. After she completed her medical education and training, she returned to Dallas where she has been practicing as a Gastroenterologist for 17 years. Her interests in pediatric acute and chronic diseases include Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), celiac disease, eosinophilic enteritis, reflux, food allergies, constipation, and chronic abdominal pain. Dr. Whitney is dedicated to understanding the needs of each of her patients and their families.
Throughout the years in her practice, Dr. Whitney has enjoyed watching her patients grow into adults and has even had the honor of treating some of their children. Outside of her medical practice, she is an active member in her community.
Education and Training
- Board Certified: Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- Fellowship: Pediatric Gastroenterology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
- Residency: Pediatrics, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
- MD: University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX
- Undergrad: Baylor University, Waco, TX
Awards and Accreditation:
- Best Pediatric Specialists: Gastroenterology, 2015 – 2016
- Top Pediatrician in Dallas
- “Mom Approved Doctor”- DFW Child
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Gastroenterology Association
- Dallas County Medical Society
- American College of Gastroenterology
- North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Society for Gastroenterology and Endoscopy
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America
- Dallas Medical City Hospital
- Childrens Medical Center, Dallas
- Texas Health Presbyterian Plano
- Children’s Medical Center Plano
- Live Oak Surgery Center