Alejandro Pruitt, M.D.
Ages Treated: 18+
- Virtual Telemedicine Visits Available, Call For Details
- Board Certified Gastroenterologist
- Currently Accepting New Patients
- Most Insurance Plans Accepted
- Performs Colonoscopies
About Alejandro Pruitt, M.D.
Dr. Pruitt joined our practice in 2006 after serving for over 20 years in the U.S. Air Force. He spent his last 13 years at Wilford Hall Medical Center, where he was a key faculty member responsible for the training of over 30 gastroenterologists during his tenure. Dr. Pruitt enjoys all aspects of gastroenterology, but he has a special interest in esophageal pancreatic, and biliary diseases, as well as advanced therapeutic endoscopy, performing over 1000 advanced procedures annually on patients referred from throughout south Texas. He has expertise in endoluminal stenting for the palliation of obstructing tumors or repair of leaks and fistulas, endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR) for the removal of early esophageal and gastric tumors, radiofrequency ablation of Barrett’s esophagus (HALO), and complex biliary and pancreatic endoscopy (ERCP) to include Spyglass with EHL, sphincter of Oddi manometry, and ampullectomy. He is also highly regarded for his radial and linear endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) skills offering tumor staging, tumor targeting for radiosurgery, and palliation of abdominal cancer pain with celiac neurolysis. Dr Pruitt is active in several professional organizations, and he has continued to teach gastroenterology fellows advanced endoscopy skills in the private practice setting. He is an active member of St Francis of Assisi Catholic Church, and participates in several outreach programs with his wife, Kimberly, and their children.
- State University of New York, Albany, New York, 1988
- Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland, 1993
Internal Medicine Residency
- Wilford Hall Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, 1996
- Wilford Hall Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, 1999
- Gastroenterology: 1999
Awards and Accreditation:
Honors & Awards
- Fellow American College of Physicians (FACP)
- Fellow American College of Gastroenterology (FACG)
- Best Doctors in San Antonio List, San Antonio Magazine, 2012-2016
- Best Doctors List, SA Scene Magazine, 2013-2017
- Texas Super Doctors List, Texas Monthly Magazine, 2016