David Magee's office hours are hospital privilege
• Accessibility – Telemedicine can provide high-quality health care services to patients who are unable to leave their home due to transportation/mobility difficulties (shelter-in-place restrictions) or due to sheer distance.
• Convenience – much like a house-call, patients can participate in a remote, yet face-to-face interaction with their physician from practically any private location. TeleVisits also reduce time away from work and anxiety generated from long drive times.
• Efficiencies – The use of a TeleVisit can greatly increase efficiencies for both patients and physicians by enabling a more convenient method and access to quality care such as: follow-up visits, diagnostic test reviews, chronic treatments, post-hospital follow up and medication monitoring, that may be avoided by the patient otherwise.
• Quality – Studies have shown that telemedicine can be as effective as in-person care and contributes to improved patient outcomes vs. the traditional approach. Quality factors impacted by the use of TeleVisits include: focused one-on-one conversations, fewer obstacles to obtaining treatment, broader approach to treatment and reduced risk of exposure to contaminants.
• Cost – In most cases, the cost for patients is the same or similar to that of an office visit. Overall healthcare efficiencies and cost are impacted positively due to fewer transports to hospital ER’s, hospital admissions, shorter hospital stays, reduced travel times, and improved management of chronic diseases.
From your smartphone, tablet or computer, click on the text or email link you received from your doctor’s office. No login required. Or you can start the visit by logging into the healow app or Patient Portal.
• Set aside a secure locations where you can feely discuss your healthcare needs during your appointment.
• “Arrive early” (at least 5-10 minutes) by clicking the link within the email reminder or text message your doctor’s office sent, or log into the healow app or Patient Portal.
• Fill out any patient questionnaires and vitals if applicable.
• Click “Proceed” to check your computer’s speed and ability to support a TeleVisit.
• Click “Start TeleVisit” to enter the virtual waiting room.
• Your physician will begin the face-to-face TeleVisit and disconnect when the visit ends.